The name of Twitter was officially rebranded as X on July 31, 2023. Here we use terminology like X or Twitter interchangeably.
Checking Login History is important for security monitoring, account protection, user activity verifications, troubleshooting whether there were any unusual or failed login attempts, early detection of compromised accounts, and for training and education, etc.
Let's look at how to view X's (formerly Twitter) login history
Using X Mobile App
Here are the steps.
- Open the X app on your mobile phone.
- Click on your Profile Picture.
- Next, click on Settings & Support
- Then Click on Settings and privacy
- Next click on Security and Account Access
- Next, click on App and sessions
- Next, click on Account Access history
- Then provide a password and click on Confirm button.
- Then you will get the list of login history.
Each record of login history contains the device name or app name, the date and time of the last login, the IP address of the devices, the city, and country where the login originated. etc.
You can find video version of this article here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzBDZMFcqoE&pp=ygULb3VydGVjaHJvb20%3D
Note that these same steps work for web-based X websites.
To be on the safe side you can protect your X account by applying the following procedure.
- Use a strong combination of password
- Change the password regularly
- It's better to enable two-factor authentication
- Keep the X app up to date.