What is Google Slides?
Google Slides is a presentations programs provided by Google where you can create and show slides in visual form to support a presentation of your work. Google slides can be used to create professional presentations by combining various text effects, graphics and multimedia content available as features in google slides. Learning to present slides improves your employability as it is also one of the most useful presentation software. Google Slides is a Google Docs and Drive Productivity Suite presentation editor. It is a type of collaborative software and provides real-time coordination facilities and different opportunities to exchange presentations.
Main competitor of google slides are windows Powerpoint of Microsoft and Apply Keynotes of Apple.
Google slides is becoming extremely popular and you have to check it out its online version from here. (Visits)
Introduced on March 9, 2006 AD after google acquired Writely.
Platform for Google Slides
Google Slides is like windows powerpoint and is available as apps in android(2014 AD), ios (in 2014 AD) , blackberry and windows app, as a web application on the web, and as a desktop application in a desktop platform in Chrome OS.So we can say it is available in all of the major operating systems from the desktop , web to mobile.
Google Slides are available in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, and Apple Safari, Brave web browsers as a supported web application. As compared to others, a brave browser has certain design and alignment issues while creating slides.
Google Slides Features
1) Capable of inserting images, structured documents, animations, and transition in slides.
2) It has a variety of templates located at the right sidebar.
3) Create, arrange and customize, apply animation to your slides.
4) Share, add comments, replies to files. Currently, we can share via Gmail, twitter, and facebook.
5) It also has features of chatting with people directly.
6) Can print and download files in various formats.
7) Google Slides can an access your calendar, notes, and tasks.
8) Slides get automatically saved in google drive so no problem to your slides files even if your system crashes.
9) Supported file types: .ppt, .pptx, .pptm, .pps, .ppsx, .ppsm, .pot, .potx, .potm
10)Compatible with Microsoft Powerpoint: We can save this file in ppt format and then open the same ppt files in windows powerpoint. So, we can say google slides are compatible with windows powerpoint.
11) We can even publish presentations to the web.
12)Even we can use this google slides in offline mode, for this, you have to install Google Docs Offline, a chrome extension that allows users to use google slides in offline mode.
13) The Google Slides app is available free of charge to individuals but also as part of Google's GSuite business center program, a monthly subscription that provides additional business-oriented features.
14) Currently, it is available in 83 languages.
More coming soon