Slack is one of the popular cloud based messaging app used mainly in software development and business to communicate and collaborate .Its important features are real time communication ,searchable history, integration with variety of other apps,easy organizing events,better manages projects etc.
Though it is useful apps sometimes it is facing issue like page loading issue. It might be due to various reason and lets look how to fix them one by one.
1. Check Internet Connection
For using Slack we need to check internet connection. You might be getting loading issue if you donot have internet or slow internet.
So, visit fast.com in the browser to check internet connection.
fig. Check Internet Connection speed
2. Close and Reopen Apps
Sometimes closing and reopening apps fixes app loading issues.
- Click on X button in the top right corner of slack app window
- Wait a few seconds for the app to close completely.
- Open the Slack app again.
3. Restart your computer
If the problem is related to resource allocation , background processes , system level issues then restarting your computer might helps fixing loading issue in Slack.
4. Update Slack app
When the update is available for Slack then its better to update it as it helps fixing loading issue. If there is updates for bug fixes, performance optimization, compatibility updates ,data and cache refresh etc then these issue can fix your issue.
- Click on humbuger icon at top left corner
- Then click on Help
- Then click on Check for updates fig. Check for Updates
If there is update then it will apply it otherwise you will get the message stating "You've got the latest version of slack,thanks for staying on the ball".
5. Force Reload Slack Apps
Force Reload Slack Apps features allow Slack app to restart and reinitialize its connection. It will clear Slack app cache and app settings.
- Open Slack
- Then press Ctrl + Shift + R from keyboard . Then Slack will Force Reload.
- Open Slack
- Click on Humburger icon
- Then click on View
- Next click on Force Reload
Note that Force Reload Slack Apps will not delete any data that are stored in the app.
6. Uninstall Slack
Sometimes the issue might be caused by corrupted files and settings in the app. When you uninstall and reinstall the slack apps then it might fix loading issues when mainly occured due to corrupted files.
- Goto Control Panel or Goto run and type control and press Enter)
- Select View by Category and then select "Uninstall a program" under Programs
- Then search for Slack and Right click on it and click on Uninstall.
fig. Uninstall Slack App
7. Contact Support
If you have tried all of the above steps and you are still experiencing problems, you can contact Slack support for help.