Introduction to Wistia
Wistia is a video hosting and marketing tool for businesses. This tool allows companies and individuals to host, manage, and share videos. Wistia provides features such as custom branding, video analytics, and lead generation tools. It is a popular choice for businesses and marketers who wants to grow their business.
Table of Contents
What can you do with Wistia?
Most people rely on Youtube for marketing and promotion. Wistia has a lot more features than Youtube. Wistia analytics provides much more details than that Youtube. Videos embedded using Wisitia are completely advertisement free. Unlike Youtube at the end of the video, you can control what a user sees. Wistia has its own custom video player with custom video or static thumbnails. The appearance of the video player can be changed in Wistia. This makes the video more appealing if the color is chosen carefully. Adding a call to action (CTA) at any point in the video is simple.
What are embedded videos?
First of all, let's discuss the meaning of embedded videos. Embedded videos are videos that are directly placed on the website. For example, let’s consider a certain youtube video on a website. If that youtube video plays on your website then it is embedded in the website. That video does not have to leave the website and go to youtube to play. Such videos are known as embedded videos. Wistia also provides service of SEO-friendly embedded videos.
Download embedded Wistia videos
You may have downloaded a number of youtube videos using an online downloader. Similarly, if you try to download the videos embedded using Wisitia, you will not get the desired result. To download the Wistia embedded video, you need to follow another way. In this tutorial, we will be downloading Wistia videos using developer tools.
- Open the URL from where you want to download the video.
- Then click F12 or function + F12 or Ctrl + Shift + I. This should open a tab that opens the developer tools. If the shortcut does not open up developer tools. Right-click on the page and click on Inspect.
- After that be sure to be on the elements page. Then click ctrl+F. This shortcut will help to find anything on the framework. Search for ‘embed URL’. Copy the link it points to. Be sure to copy the embedded URL of the video you are looking for. There may be multiple embedded URLs for the different videos on the website.
- Paste the link in the new tab. This should open up the video in full screen you are searching for.
- After that again use the shortcut F12 or function + F12 or Ctrl + Shift + I to open the developer tools.
- This time be sure to be on the Sources tab. On the left panel, you can see folders. Click on the embed folder. After that again click on the iframe subfolder. After that on the file that is present.
- Again press Ctrl + f to open finder. Search for the URL. you may find many urls this time. Copy the URL that ends with the .bin extension.
- Copy the URL to the new tab again and paste it. This should again play the same video. After that edit the .bin extension to the .mp4 extension.
- On the bottom right side of the video, you can see 3 dots. Click on it. You can see the download option there. Click on it. Your video should start downloading.
How to embed video using Wistia?
If at some point in time, you want to embed your own video in your website using Wistia. Then here is how it's done.
- First, create a Wistia account and verify your account.
- By default, a project will be created for you. If you want another project then click on create a new project on the Wistia homepage.
- After creating a project, click on add media. Select the video that you want to use for promotion.
- After that click on the video. Then just above the video, you can see a button called embed and share. Click on it. Copy the HTML embed code for the video. Be sure to set all the required options.
- Paste the copied HTML code into your website and wait for a while for it to load.
Congratulations, you have successfully embedded a video for your website. Now you can view the statistics for the performance of the video on your website using Wistia.
Wistia is a great tool that helps markets to create, manage and share videos. Wistia can also be used for lead generation and to measure the overall video performance. Wisitia can be connected to marketing and sales tools for a seamless video experience.