People reset KMP Player if they have experience issues such as playback errors, freezing or crashing issues, performance issues, removing customizations, starting from fresh, etc.
So before resetting the KMP player please keep the following things in mind:
1. Resetting KMPlayer will remove any customization that you have made like settings, preferences, and plugins. So, if you like you can back up them.
2. As some of the plugins are difficult to find so it's better to note the names of the plugins.
3. If you have a problem with KMPlayer then it's better first to troubleshoot the issue then if nothings work then you can reset it.
4. Create a backup of bookmarks, playlists, or any media files if you do not want to lose them on reset.
5. As resetting KMPlayer is an irreversible process so make sure of this before proceeding.
Now let's look at the steps of how to Reset KMPlayer to default settings:
- Open KMPlayer.
- Right-click your Mouse and Select "Option"
- Next, select "Preferences" from the menu.
- You will get a window. Click on the "Reset Current Preset" button located at the bottom of the window. Here you will see it is written: Would you like to reset KMP? All personal settings will be lost.
- Click on the Yes button to reset.
In this way, KMPlayer is reset to default settings.
What is the different between Reset Current Preset vs Initialize All Preset in KMPlayer?
The reset Current Present option will only reset currently using preset and other presets remain untouched. Whereas INitialze all presents option will reset all of the players present to their default values.
Can I reset particular settings only in KMP Player?
Yes we can do that: Here are the steps:
- Open KMP Player.
- Click on the "Tools" menu.
- Select "Preferences".
- In the Preferences window, click on the desired feature you want to reset. Then on the right pane, you will get the option to reset.
- Here I am selecting Color Control and clicking on the default button on the right.
You can reset various settings to their default values, such as playback settings, plugins, keyboard shortcuts, interface settings, and more.
Will resetting KMP Player affect my audio and video codecs?
As audio and video codecs are stored in your computer so even if you reset the KMP player it does not affect your audio and video codecs.
In this way, we can easily reset KMPlayer to its default settings.